# The latest:
- Six people have been killed and at least 30 unjured in a van and stabbing terrorist attacks took place in London on Saturday night
- The first attack took place on London Bridge followed shortly by an attack in Borough Market...
- Three attackers were shot dead. One was seen with canisters strapped to his body.
- The Met Police say they believe all bridge attackers have been killed
- The attacks started when a white van drove into Pedestrians on London Bridge around 10:30pm on Saturday.
- A BBC eyewitness said 'They shouted 'this is is for Allah', as they stabbed indiscriminately'
- 'I saw a man with a large blade': witnesses describe the attack after the van attack.
- Theresa May and the Met Police have declared the attacks are being treated as acts of terror
- Donald Trump told London "we are with you" after the terror attacks.
- This is the third terror attack in the UK since March:
- On 22 May, 22 people were killed and 116 injured in a suicide bombing at Manchester Arena.
- On 22 March, six people died, including the attacker, and at least 50 people were injured in an attack near the Houses of Parliament.
*) Update 11:20 pm: 'They could be anywhere, this is out of control'.
Speaking to the NYT, eyewitness Danny Farre said: “this is a complete nightmare, we are stuck here while there are maniacs on the loose and nobody is helping us. They could be anywhere, this is out of control.”
Les Hunter, 33, from Liverpool, who was visiting a friend in London, stepped out of a pub as the incident unfolded at 10.15 pm. "We saw people running out of Borough Market and straight after heard gunshots,” he said. “We went back into the pub and people starting running in telling us to get down and hide,” he recalled. “I ran up to the gents and hid, but when I looked out the window I saw a guy with blood all over his face and T-shirt.”?
*) 10:53 pm. A total of six people were killed in London attacks, three terrorism suspects shot.
London Police have announced that six people have been killed and 20 injured in the attack. Three attackers have been shot dead by police, Scotland Yard said. Police said they believed there were no more than three attackers. "Armed response officers then responded very quickly and bravely and confronted the three male suspects who were shot and killed on Borough Market," Mark Rowley, Britain's top anti-terrorism officer, said. "Sadly, six people have died in addition to the three attackers shot by police," he said. "The suspects had been confronted and shot by police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes."
Meanwhile, London Ambulance says the number of people taken to hospital has risen from 20 to more than 30.
*) Below is the full statement from Met Police assistant commissioner Mark Rowley.
“Since late yesterday evening, Saturday, 3 June, the Metropolitan Police Service has been responding to incidents in the London Bridge and Borough Market areas of south London. We are treating this as a terrorist incident and a full investigation is already underway, led by the Met's Counter Terrorism Command.
“You will understand that our knowledge of the incident is still growing but what we understand at the present time is:
At 22:08hrs yesterday evening we began to receive reports that a vehicle had struck pedestrians on London Bridge.
The vehicle continued to drive from London Bridge to Borough Market.
The suspects then left the vehicle and a number of people were stabbed, including an on-duty British Transport Police officer who was responding to the incident at London Bridge. He received serious but not life-threatening injuries. His family has been informed.
Armed officers responded very quickly and bravely, confronting three male suspects who were shot and killed in Borough Market. The suspects had been confronted and shot by the police within eight minutes of the first call. The suspects were wearing what looked like explosive vests but these were later established to be hoaxes.
“The ongoing operation is led by the Met, working closely with British Transport Police, City of London Police, the London Ambulance Service and the London Fire Brigade...
BBC Breaking News ✔ @BBC Breaking Met Police's Mark Rowley on what police know so far about London attack and how it happened http://bbc.in/2qMsMGp
- “At this stage, we believe that six people have died in addition to the three attackers shot dead by police. And at least 20 casualties have been taken to six hospitals across London.
- “I'd like to repeat our request for the public to avoid the following areas: London Bridge and Borough Market. This is to allow emergency services to deal with this incident.
- “The investigation is being led by the Counter Terrorism Command and we would ask anybody who has images or film of the incident to pass those to police by uploading it at www.ukpoliceimageappeal.co.uk.
- “Our thoughts are with all those involved and those responding to both incidents. Those who are concerned about a loved one can contact the Casualty Bureau on 0800 0961 233.
- “We are reviewing and planning to strengthen our policing stance across London over the forthcoming days, and there will be additional police and officers deployed across the Capital.
- “I would like to ask the public to remain vigilant and let us know if they see anything suspicious that causes them concern and dial 999 immediately”.
*) How the London Bridge attack played out;
BBC correspondent Tom Symonds outlines how events unfolded on Saturday night, saying witnesses described seeing a van crashing into pedestrians on the southern side of London Bridge.